To our Valued Lakeside Patients,
We are very pleased to announce that as per the notice from the Ontario Ministry of Health last week, regulated Health Professionals, including naturopathic doctors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, and many other health care practitioners are now permitted to provide in-clinic health care services to their clients.
Please note for those patients wishing to continue telemedicine appointments by phone or video as well as curb side pick-up of supplements, this option will continue to be encouraged and available as an ongoing service.
Read on to learn more about what this update means to you as a patient of Lakeside Natural Health Centre.
Our Clinic will reopen as of Monday, June 8th, 2020. Please review the list below of what services and treatments will be available as of this date:
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Acupuncture (as of June 22, 2020)
- Osteopathy (as of June 24, 2020)
We will notify you as soon as other services become available. At this time, we are continuing to offer Naturopathic Medicine, Psychology and Social Work Counselling via Phone or Video Consult. Drop-in product pick-up will not be available at this time. Please contact the clinic to pre-arrange supplement pick up.
We are very excited to be able to re-open our doors and look forward to welcoming you and your families back into our office for regular health care services.
We take your health very seriously, and as such, we are taking the utmost precaution and care to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and practitioners. As per our re-opening plan, our facility must abide by the rules and regulations outlined by our professional regulatory boards and the Ministry of Health to ensure a safe space for everyone. We have made the necessary adjustments to our clinic to ensure social distancing measures as well as increased hygiene & sanitation procedures. To ensure your safety we will be spacing out appointments so that we can perform enhanced infection control procedures and cleaning procedures after each session and limiting the number of in-clinic patients we see per day.
CLINIC HEALTH AND SAFTEY POLICIES
Please make sure you review these new policies prior to booking your service.
Before Your Visit
When you book your appointment, you will receive a confirmation of your appointment by email. In this email will be a SMART FORM COVID QUESTIONNAIRE. Look for the section:
- If you do not want to fill out the online form or are unable to, simply let us know and we will ask you the questions over the phone or send them via email.
- Cancellation Policy (48-Hour Notice). Please be aware our cancellation policy requires a 48-hour notification. If you are ill with COVID-like symptoms the day of your visit, please let us know and we will reschedule your visit without cancellation penalty.
- We no longer accept cash for transactions, and we are kindly asking patients at this time to use Debit or E-transfer only for payment.
- We are asking patients to please wait in their vehicles or outside the clinic until they are contacted by phone or waved in by their practitioner when we have completed all the necessary disinfecting procedures and can ensure safe social distancing for you to be able to enter.
During Your Visit
- Masks must be worn by everyone entering the clinic, including staff, practitioners and patients. Patients may bring their own or use a disposable surgical mask provided by the clinic at a $2 charge.
- All patients will be asked to answer the COVID health screening questions upon entering the clinic, even if you already filled it out online. You will be asked these questions upon booking your appointment and again by your practitioner and/or front desk staff prior to your treatment.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer to clean your hands upon entering the clinic. We ask you not to bring your own gloves from outside the clinic.
- We will be closing off our waiting area and ask that patients not be accompanied into the clinic unless it is necessary (e.g. accompanying a minor, individuals who requires assistance, translator, support for hearing impaired). We ask that wherever possible, the person accompanying the patient is from the same household.
After Your Visit:
- Upon completing your visit, we ask that you leave the office with your mask on and utilize the hand sanitizer provided before exiting the clinic.
- All treatment plans and invoices will now be emailed to you.
Health and Safety Protocols in the clinic:
- All common area and treatment room surfaces are scrubbed down with government approved disinfectant before and after each shift and before and after each patient. This includes door handles, the washroom, desks, point of sale terminal, treatment tables, testing and therapeutic equipment to name the most common ones. We have a checklist that is followed after each patient to ensure a thorough and consistent approach to minimizing infection risk.
- Every practitioner is also screened at the beginning of their day in the clinic with the same screening procedures for patients in order to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the clinic in key areas to reduce respiratory droplet transmission.
Health Screening Questions
If at any time your answer is “Yes” to any one of the questions below, please contact our Clinic immediately to advise us to reschedule your appointment.
These screening questions are based on the latest COVID-19 case definitions and the Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports published by the World Health Organization. All questions are required.
Did you have close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or have you traveled outside of the province/state or the country that our clinic is located in within the past 14 days?
Yes | No
Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have you had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Yes | No
Have you been named as a possible contact and currently under self-isolation?
Yes | No
Do you have any household members who are currently under self-isolation?
Yes | No
Do you have any of the following symptoms? (Please check all that apply)
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue
- malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Diarrhea/ abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause.
- For Young Children and Infants – sluggishness or lack of appetite
If you are 70 years of age or older, are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
Yes | No
Please review the Ontario Public Health COVID-19 Assessment Guidelines if you have answered ‘YES’ to any ONE of the questions or symptoms listed. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
For more information on getting tested for COVID-19 in Peel, please review: https://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/testing/
To speak to a medical professional via Telehealth Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario
Questions? We are here for you!
If you have any questions in regard to these policies, please contact the Clinic in advance of your appointment. Please call or email us to book an appointment at
You and your family’s health are our primary concern. We are more committed than ever to providing health-enhancing care once again to you and your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please call the office or visit our online booking system to get your next appointment booked soon.
Your Lakeside Family Health Team