Seven-Star Needle Cosmetic Acupuncture
The Seven-Star needle is a special tool composed of a small bunch of needles attached to a handle like a hammer, or a pen device. It is also known as micro needling, or skin needling. It is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny and fine sterile needles allowing the infusion of botanical ingredients to penetrate deeply and effectively into the dermis. The purpose of the treatment is to promote a smooth flow of Qi and Blood, and generate new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin. Seven-Star Needle Cosmetic Acupuncture is mostly used on the face and may treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores. A series of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended and the frequency will depend on the intensity and depth of the needling. For an extra cost administration of numbing cream may be used if deemed needed. Appointments are 90 minutes, cost for each appointment is $185.
Possible Reactions with Seven-Star needle: temporary bruising, skin discomfort during and after the procedure, redness, swelling, lightening or darkening of the skin, itching, burning sensation and scaling. Reactions, most of the time are temporary and typically resolve within 3 days. Total healing time and results depend on the depth of the treatment, skin type, and skin condition.
Seven- Star Needle Cosmetic Acupuncture Pre & Post Care Instruction
- On the day of your treatment, please keep your skin clean and do not apply make up.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and during treatment process. Seven-Star Needle Cosmetic Acupuncture will not be administrated on sunburned skin.
- Do not exercise the day of your treatment and for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid caffeine containing foods or beverages on the day of treatment.
- Avoid medications such as: Aleve, Advil, cold remedies, Vitamin E or aspirin 5 days prior to treatment.
- Use a sun block with an SPF 30+ with UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection.
- Wear comfortable clothing the day of treatment. Your top should button or zip rather than pull over the head.
- Notify your practitioner if you get cold sores.
- A healthy diet composed of whole food vitamins will greatly aid in the healing process.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
- WE CAN NOT PERFORM THE PROCEDURE – If you have open cuts, wounds, abrasions or during acne or cold sores breakouts.